Thursday 24 September 2020

Warning - Scam Alert Surfers Paradise Parish -

Urgent 

A few people, including myself, have received a fake email message purporting to be from Fr Peter.

Please ignore it, 

it says something like this....

"  Hello (name), have you got a minute?  I need you to complete a task for me. I can't talk at the moment. just going into a meeting now, so just reply to this email.  God bless,   Fr Peter.  Priest."

the name of the sender looks just like Fr Peter,  
but a look behind the name sees an email that is slightly similar but actually on closer inspection not his email.  

This is a scam,

Please do not reply to the email and please ignore it.  

You could also block that particular sender.  

Also, naturally I or Fr Peter would never request what is likely to be money or gift cards or disposable credit cards of bank transfers etc from people for ourselves or other individuals.. 

We also have proper integrated systems quite separate, within the parish, to deal with legitimate parish giving and special church appeals.   

We continue to recommend that you never send money in response to appeals such as this.

As always, if in doubt,  ring us up and we will clarify.

Thanks for this and please let others know who may not be aware.

God bless,

Fr Paul Kelly 

(ps,  due to the system for sending out these bulk parish messages, I am presently using gmail myself for this service, but this is an intermediate step and also I will never be writing to privately ask for assistance or moneys).


No comments:

Post a Comment