Monday 22 August 2022

Catholic Appeal Message from Archbishop Mark


Pope Francis reminds us to be the face of Christ for others

Dear Father Paul

I was a bit of a dreamer as a child. I’d picture my future self accomplishing wonderful things and going to fantastical places, and I excitedly shared these daydreams with my mum. More often than not, her response was to ‘count my blessings, not my chickens.’

I remember the disappointment when she would not dream with me… It was only as an adult that I saw the lesson she was trying to teach. In a world where there is so much sadness and pain, we must focus on the blessings in our lives.

I was reminded of this over the weekend when I saw the Archbishop’s homily for the Annual Catholic Campaign. Parishioners Manus and Martine speak so passionately about the gifts God blesses us with, and remind us that we are simply stewards of these gifts. If you missed the homily in parish, you can watch it online here.

Through the Annual Catholic Campaign, we are called to serve and help others. Our combined gifts help our elderly, unwell and retired priests and also help to educate seminarians who will lead the future Church. Together, we support children living in hardship, giving them access to a caring Catholic school community and we bring hope to families, individuals, and communities in need of our friendship and protection.  

If you are called to share your blessings in this way, I encourage you to make a gift to support the campaign today.

Thank you for all you do to support and grow the vital ministries of the Church in your local community.

With sincere appreciation,

Mary Macuga 
Director, 
Catholic Foundation

|
GPO Box 282, BRISBANE, QLD 4001

No comments:

Post a Comment